Wednesday, July 2, 2008

30 Minute Mozzerella

I have a new hobby - I'm going to make some cheese.

I remember when I started my other hobby, home coffee roasting. I swore I would never do it, but here I am a year later, still loving my first and only true hobby.

I found out about home roasting from a friend, and never for a moment doubted that I had a new hobby, even though I had never done it before and didn't have any equipment.

Reading what I could, I procured the equipment and finally, about a month or so after declaring my new hobby, I put my order in at Sweet Maria's for green beans.

A book on my bedside stand that I read in between autobiographies, is Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, which in a way, is an autobiograpy, I read a recipe for 30 Minute Mozzerella, and I knew I had a new hobby.

I went to my local beer/wine/cheese making shop, The Beverage People, and purchased the two ingredients needed to make this cheese. Coincidentally, the 30 Minute Mozzerella was the feature recipe in their current newsletter.

I plan to make this cheese on Friday, the 4th of July! All I need now, is a gallon of Clover milk.

No comments: