Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lassie and Other Hollywood Tales



Sat. June 19, 2008 at Dreamweavers in Napa CA. Napa is about 50 miles from Santa Rosa.

I was so excited to be going to this show! I listed to the best of John Denver all the way there, songs like Country Roads and Thank God I'm a Country Boy.

The event had hors d'oeuvres and wine. Here is Jon speaking to a fan in the lobby.

The wine was Eagle and Rose Estate, 2003 Skyhawk Sangiovese, it was superb! They were also pouring a 2005 Skyhawk Sauvignon Blanc which was a little too sweet for me, especially after enjoying the Sangiovese, but most of the people there were drinking it.



In the lobby, they also had a large flat screen TV showing an episode of Lassie. It was wonderful to see, especially the music and the credits at the end. That's what I remember the most of the show.


Jon and Laurie are the cutest couple.

I enjoyed talking to Laurie all about the book and how much I enjoyed reading it. She was so friendly!

Jon does have the bluest eyes!











Jon purchases some of his posters from eBay.













Jon told a lot of funny stories on stage, surrounded by wonderful posters of his films, adventures, and Lassie.

He also answered questions from the audience.

He was very entertaining. He seemed so comfortable and at ease on the stage.



I sat in the front row and was mesmerized the entire time, Jon is quite the storyteller and was very amusing!




Jon was signing autographs in his book, the lady behind me in line was kind enough to snap my photo.










I think Jon and Laurie were disappointed that there weren't more people there, but for me, it was perfect, since I got to converse with both of them and enjoy some fantastic wine.

The book was so good, reading it makes you feel like you've been friends of the family for years, and Jon and Laurie certainly treat you that way in person.

I drove home to the tunes of Dan Fogelberg.

No comments: