Friday, July 18, 2008

Timmy's in the Well - Part II

I am so lucky, I am going to meet Jon Provost this weekend. He is giving a talk in Napa and I'm going.

I find when I read an autobiography, I end up really wanting to meet the author. When I read Maya Angelou, I know why the caged bird sings, I ended up reading all of her books, books of her friends, and books that she read. I felt I wanted to meet her. When I read Me and a Guy Named Elvis, I just wanted to meet the author, Jerry Schilling. I think that feeling fades after a while. Now, I can't imagine meeting those people.

Jon's book, written by Jon and his wife Laurie, was so fantastic. I feel lucky that he lives in Santa Rosa and is giving this talk in Napa, and that I am able to go.

The timing is just right.

I must have heard Jon and Laurie on the radio promoting the book some time last year because when I visited my Amazon.com wish list, the book was on there! It has been on my mind since then to check the book out of the library.

I finally did check it out about a month ago, and I went to Jon's website and signed his guestbook. Signing the guestbook signs you up to be on his mailing list that may inform you of personal appearances. I received an email about this appearance. I had some questions so I emailed him and he replied.

Look for Timmy's in the Well - Part III, when I report on this talk and meeting Jon in person.

No comments: